Hypothyroidism is a common medical condition in which your thyroid gland doesn’t make enough required hormones. This condition is also known as an underactive thyroid. When diagnosed with this condition, doctors prescribe a medication known as Synthroid to balance these hormones. According to the NIDDK (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases), nearly 5 out of 100 Americans aged 12 and older have this condition. Synthroid 137 mcg tablets are especially recommended for managing hypothyroidism. This article will explain how these tablets work, their dosages, strengths, and important precautions and potential side effects.
How Do Synthroid Tablets Work?
Synthroid, a prescription medication, restores your thyroid levels by replacing the missing thyroxine. It contains the active ingredient levothyroxine sodium, which mimics thyroxine’s action. Synthroid 137mg tablet is highly recommended as a thyroid hormone supplement. It takes a few weeks to show improvement in a patient’s condition.
Dosage for Synthroid Tablets
The dosage of Synthroid that you’re prescribed by the doctor will depend on various factors. These include:
- Age of the patient
- Body weight of the patient
- Side effects you experience
- The thyroid hormone levels
- Other medications that are prescribed
Synthroid comes in different strengths, and they are measured in micrograms (mcg). Here are some of the available strengths:
- Synthroid 50 mcg
- Synthroid 88 mcg
- Synthroid 100 mcg (Synthroid .1mg)
- Synthroid 112 mcg
- Synthroid 125 mcg
- Synthroid 137mcg
- Synthroid 150 mcg
- Synthroid 175 mcg
- Synthroid 200 mcg
- Synthroid 300 mcg
It is important to note that Synthroid 137 mcg is a highly effective and recommended form of medication for treating hypothyroidism.
[Note: Micrograms (mcg) are smaller than milligrams. 1 milligram equals 1,000 micrograms. So, when talking about Synthroid, you’re dealing with very tiny amounts.]
Your doctor will adjust your dosage as needed during your treatment. It can vary from person to person. Your doctor will monitor your TSH levels every 6 to 8 weeks when you start taking Synthroid. It requires patience because finding the correct dose may take time, and it might take a few weeks to see it working and your thyroid levels getting back to normal. If you have questions about what your dosage should be, talk with your doctor. Moreover, it is recommended to buy Synthroid online as it is affordable.
How Should Synthroid 137 Mcg Be Taken?
Synthroid comes as tablets that are taken by mouth once per day, without food. But make sure to take Synthroid exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Other essential points to remember if you are taking Synthroid are:
- Take Synthroid 137 mcg once a day. The best time is 30 to 60 minutes before breakfast. Try to take it at the same time each day.
- Have calcium and iron supplements at least 4 hours before or after your medicine. as they can affect how well Synthroid works.
- It can take a few weeks before you see results. Continue taking it even if you feel better. For many, it’s a lifelong medication.
- Always take your medicine as your doctor prescribes. Any change in dosage should come from your doctor.
- Expect frequent medical tests. Inform all your healthcare providers that you’re on Synthroid.
- For children or infants who can’t swallow tablets, you should crush the tablet, mix it with a small amount of water, and give it right away.
- Avoid mixing it with certain foods like soybean-based infant formula.
- It is important to note that for kids, doses are based on their weight. If they gain or lose weight, the dose might need adjustment.
Precautions to Take While You Are on Synthroid 137 Mcg
If you’re on Synthroid to treat hypothyroidism, it is important to stick to the treatment plan and avoid trying to use it as a weight-loss tool. Your doctor will help you find the right approach to managing your weight while treating your thyroid condition safely. Let us find out what precautions should be taken when you are on Synthroid to treat hypothyroidism:
- If you have unresolved adrenal issues, avoid using Synthroid.
- Use Synthroid only as your doctor directs. Taking too much or too little can harm various aspects of your health, such as growth, heart function, bone health, and more.
- Inform your doctor about all the medications you’re taking, including over-the-counter ones. Some drugs can affect how Synthroid works.
- Don’t take Synthroid with iron, calcium supplements, or antacids. Take it at least 4 hours before or after having these supplements to ensure proper absorption.
- Always let your doctor or dentist know you’re taking Synthroid before any surgery.
- Ideally, take Synthroid as a single dose, on an empty stomach, 30 minutes to 1 hour before breakfast.
- Store your Synthroid at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
- Never share your medication with someone else, even if they have similar symptoms. It’s specifically prescribed for your condition.
Potential Side Effects of Taking Synthroid 137 Mcg Tablets?
Although Synthroid tablets are generally well tolerated, they may cause side effects in some people. The following are common side effects:
- Chest pain
- Leg cramps
- Feeling nervous or irritable
- Increased appetite
- Irregular heartbeats
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Feeling hot
- Weight loss
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Skin rash
- Partial hair loss
This is not a complete list of side effects, and others may occur, too. It is essential to know that not everyone will experience these side effects, and some may not experience any at all. Nevertheless, if you still feel uneasy while taking your medicines, you should seek medical attention immediately. Also, make a smart choice by purchasing Synthroid 137 mcg from the best Canadian online pharmacy for genuine and effective medication.
In order to maintain thyroid levels, Synthroid 137 mcg tablets play an important role in managing thyroid health, a critical aspect of our overall well-being. Remember to follow your doctor’s guidance diligently, remain patient, and prioritize regular check-ups to ensure your thyroid is working optimally. Ordering medication from a reputable Synthroid pharmacy helps guarantee the quality and authenticity of the medicines you receive. It also ensures your treatment is safe and effective.